Re: Odd pg dump error: cache lookup failure

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Wells Oliver <wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Odd pg dump error: cache lookup failure
Date: 2020-10-26 17:52:58
Lists: pgsql-admin

> [ v3 patches ]

This looks committable to me, with one trivial nit:
in LockViewRecurse_walker, it'd be better to not do get_rel_name()
(or even fetch rte->relid, really) until we've verified the rtekind.
As-is, it's wasting cycles and presuming more than it ought to
about the error behavior of get_rel_name(). That's a pre-existing
problem not the fault of this patch, but we might as well fix it
while we're here.