scrambled data / security

From: "Johnson, Shaunn" <SJohnson6(at)bcbsm(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: scrambled data / security
Date: 2002-04-24 18:39:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Howdy:

Running Postgres 7.1.3 on RedHat Linux 7.2.

Question about security. I have data that I want to
present, except that the information is really
sensitive.

I know there is a way to scramble the data so
that it appears garbled. How can I do that?
Where can I get find documents on that? (I'm
looking in the PostgreSQL book and might
be missing it).

Thanks!

-X