Re: Copying Data from Oracle to PostgreSQL

From: Pepe TD Vo <pepevo(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Shreeyansh Dba <shreeyansh2014(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Copying Data from Oracle to PostgreSQL
Date: 2019-01-16 20:05:00
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am able to download the ora2pg but I don't understand how it install. According to the document I found on net that yum install perl-DBD, perl-dev, and perl-CPAN and all oracle-instantclient18.3-sqlplus-18.3.0.0.0-1.x86_64.rpm, oracle-instantclient18.3-basic-18.3.0.0.0-1.x86_64.rpm, oracle-instantclient18.3-basic-18.3.0.0.0-1.x86_64.rpm, oracle-instantclient18.3-devel-18.3.0.0.0-1.x86_64.rpm, oracle-instantclient18.3-devel-18.3.0.0.0-1.x86_64.rpm.
- I can't find the ora2pg18.2 on gzip or zip but bz2.  With this file I can't unzip it because the server didn't have this feature.  Can I use ora2pg.19.1.tar.gz instead of version 18?

- Where should I install ora2pg, in the oracle db server or postgres db server?

thank you for your inputs.
v/r,
Bach-Nga

No one in this world is pure and perfect.  If you avoid people for their mistakes you will be alone. So judge less, love and forgive more.To call him a dog hardly seems to do him justice though in as much as he had four legs, a tail, and barked, I admit he was, to all outward appearances. But to those who knew him well, he was a perfect gentleman (Hermione Gingold)
**Live simply **Love generously **Care deeply **Speak kindly.*** Genuinely rich *** Faithful talent *** Sharing success