Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?

From: Christophe Pettus <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>
To: Hemil Ruparel <hemilruparel2002(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2021-01-16 06:15:46
Lists: pgsql-general

> On Jan 15, 2021, at 22:10, Hemil Ruparel <hemilruparel2002(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
> I fear that mailing lists become like quora.

pgsql-general is almost old enough to drink. :) The very first message I could find with a reliable date is from 31 May 2000. I think after nearly 21 years, we don't have much to worry about in that regard.

That message also includes the statements:

> What you are asking for is replication, which is not easy to implement, and almost damn impossible to get it RIGHT.

and

> Now, what is WAL? When is it scheduled for implementation?

... which is pretty wild all by itself.
--
-- Christophe Pettus
xof(at)thebuild(dot)com