Re: Bug report: NullPointerException from Driver.connect when passed a Properties with non-string values

From: Nathaniel Waisbrot <waisbrot(at)highfleet(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: dmp <danap(at)ttc-cmc(dot)net>, List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bug report: NullPointerException from Driver.connect when passed a Properties with non-string values
Date: 2013-01-28 21:18:41
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Java 1.6 added a new method to Properties, stringPropertyNames:

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/Properties.html#stringPropertyNames%28%29

it does what propertyNames probably ought to: only gives you back keys for which getProperty will return a non-null value. But you'd have to drop Java 1.5 compatibility to use it.