[Pljava-dev] Postgres 8.2

From: charlesfenway02 at yahoo(dot)com (Charles Yetman)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Postgres 8.2
Date: 2007-11-01 20:14:25
Lists: pljava-dev

Hello,

I attempting to do a manual install of PL-Java under Postgres 8.2 running on windows. I realize that you can do this w/ a Postgres install,
but I do not have control over the install options due to they way is is packaged in our installer. I have read that the binaries will not work
under Postgres 8.2, so what am I to do?

Also, I am attempting to resolve some PATH issues between Postgres and PL-Java. We are installing postgres as a service and it is run
w/ a local user account. Is there a way I can set this user's environment so his path points to to java/bin and java/bin/client. I do not have control
over the system settings, so I'm not sure how to go about this. Otherwise, there is no way for postgres to know where to find the JVM I take
it? Thanks in advance for any help!

-Charles