Granting of permissions on tables

From: "Saltsgaver, Scott" <scottsa(at)aiinet(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Granting of permissions on tables
Date: 2000-10-05 21:12:54
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have PostgreSQL v7.02 running on a HP-UX 11.00 box. I as the owner of
some tables granted permissions to another user. I executed the following
command from psql

GRANT ALL on <tables here> to <user2>;

after running the command I lost permissions to the tables once I exited
psql. I had to run psql as the postgres user to correct the situation.

Is this a bug or desired behavior? I would imagine since I owned the tables
and then granted permissions to another user, I wouldn't lose my
permissions.

Any help or explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott Saltsgaver