Re: postgresql 9.5 has ocuuered OOM

From: Uwe <uwe(at)oss4u(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: mark <pgroad(at)163(dot)com>
Subject: Re: postgresql 9.5 has ocuuered OOM
Date: 2017-12-20 16:44:36
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 11:08:51 PM PST mark wrote:
> I have set shared_buffers is 1/4 of memory.
> work_mem is 2% of memory.
> max_connections is 50.
> momery size is 16GB.
> postgresql process used over 70% of memory and occuered OOM.
> what should I do to deal with this problem?

IIRC work_mem is a PER CONNECTION setting, that means every connection can use
2% of your total memory. I'd try setting work_mem to something like 16MB or
32MB and see if the queries still execute properly. You want to set work_mem
as high as needed to allow proper query execution but as low as possible to
avoid running out of memory.