Re: Postgresql Performance on an HP DL385 and

From: "Steve Poe" <steve(dot)poe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Luke Lonergan" <llonergan(at)greenplum(dot)com>
Cc: "Scott Marlowe" <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com>, "Michael Stone" <mstone+postgres(at)mathom(dot)us>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql Performance on an HP DL385 and
Date: 2006-08-18 22:23:11
Lists: pgsql-performance

Luke,

I'll try it, but you're right, it should not matter. The two systems are:

HP DL385 (dual Opteron 265 I believe) 8GB of RAM, two internal RAID1 U320
10K

Sun W2100z (dual Opteron 245 I believe) 4GB of RAM, 1 U320 10K drive with
LSI MegaRAID 2X 128M driving two external 4-disc arrays U320 10K drives in a
RAID10 configuration. Running same version of LInux (Centos 4.3 ) and same
kernel version. No changes within the kernel for each of them. Running the
same *.conf files for Postgresql 7.4.13.

Steve