Re: EnterpriseDB installed PostgreSQL 9.6 vs. REPMGR. Round 2 - compilation issues.

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, Martin Goodson <kaemaril(at)googlemail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: EnterpriseDB installed PostgreSQL 9.6 vs. REPMGR. Round 2 - compilation issues.
Date: 2017-05-14 21:13:05
Lists: pgsql-general

On 05/14/2017 11:22 AM, Devrim Gündüz wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
> On Fri, 2017-05-12 at 08:18 -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> This is your problem. As Adrian already mentioned, you should be running
>> the PGDG apt repos.
>
> I don't think this is a productive answer.

Really?

The OP has had a thread of 28 messages over 2.5 days going back and
forth trying to solve a problem against the One Click Installer that
would have been as simple as:

apt-get install repmgr;

(Granted he would have had to enable the PGDG apt repo)

I would say my response (and Adrian's originally) is absolutely
productive. Native OS packaging is *always* better if it is possible to
use it.

Thanks,

JD

--