Regarding installing & starting Postgres on Windows

From: "Vikram Patil" <vpatil(at)actuate(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Regarding installing & starting Postgres on Windows
Date: 2009-08-20 20:19:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello ,

I am trying to find a way to install PostgreSQL through
my script/code . I don't want to use installer provided on websites.

I compiled source and and I installed in one directory , Now I am trying
to register it as a service or start database server directly.

I read in FAQs that I can start database server by revoking
administrative rights. But how I can do that is not mentioned there.

Basically I am trying to create similar experience like installer .
Please provide some idea on this issue.

Thank you very much in advance .

Regards,

Vikram