Re: Help with pgAndroid Contest

From: Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stephen Denne <stephen(at)datacute(dot)co(dot)nz>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help with pgAndroid Contest
Date: 2010-07-02 22:22:16
Lists: pgsql-general

I tried it on my T-Mobile G1, stock 1.6 Android firmware. It downloaded and installed fine, but right after installation, I clicked to open and got an error box saying "... has encountered an unexpected error and closed".

But pgQuilt did install successfully, and when I go to my menu of applications and open from there it seems to run fine. I tried connecting to an 8.4.4 server, and got the expected quilt of database size breakdown.

Gripes/suggestions:
* my "Menu" button doesn't do anything from within the application. I have to actually tap on the hammer-and-wrench icon in the top right to bring up the "Demo | Connection String" options.
* I'm not crazy about editing the JDBC connection string, especially on a puny phone keyboard. I think it'd be easier to enter hostname, database, user, and password in separate fields.

Interesting little idea, though, and seems reasonably well put-together.

Josh