Re: Running postgresql databases in Docker

From: Evan Bauer <evanbauer(at)mac(dot)com>
To: M Jane <mskiesewetter(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Running postgresql databases in Docker
Date: 2019-03-21 15:10:25
Lists: pgsql-admin

Docker can certainly work, but for any kind of production application don’t keep the storage inside of the containers. Take a look at the approach Crunchy Data (crunchydata.com) has done in their Kubernetes orchestrator for PostgreSQL clusters as a solid implementation example. Sarah Conway good a good presentation at PostgresOpn SV last September, it may be online somewhere.

Cheers,

- Evan

Evan Bauer
eb(at)evanbauer(dot)com