Re: tls 1.3: sending multiple tickets

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Marina Polyakova <m(dot)polyakova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: tls 1.3: sending multiple tickets
Date: 2024-07-29 09:56:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 26 Jul 2024, at 20:29, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> One of my chronic complaints about comments is
> that they should say why we're doing things, not what we're doing.

Agreed.

> I feel like any
> place where we are doing X because of some property of a non-PG code
> base with which a particular reader might not be familiar, we should
> have a comment explaining why we're doing it. And especially if it's
> security-relevant.

I'm sure there are more interactions with OpenSSL, and TLS in general, which
warrants better comments but the attached takes a stab at the two examples in
question here to get started (to avoid perfect get in the way of progress).

--
Daniel Gustafsson

Attachment Content-Type Size
openssl_comments.diff application/octet-stream 2.8 KB