Re: Function problems, cache lookup failed

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Archibald Zimonyi <archie(at)netg(dot)se>
Cc: pgsql-sql <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Function problems, cache lookup failed
Date: 2002-08-01 14:01:09
Lists: pgsql-sql

Archibald Zimonyi <archie(at)netg(dot)se> writes:
> ERROR: fmgr_info: function 18308: cache lookup failed
> I have no idea what this is, can anyone help me?

The aggregate links to the function by OID. You deleted the function
and recreated it, which means it's a new function with a new OID and
so the aggregate is broken.

You'll need to drop and recreate the aggregate too. Next time use
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION so you don't need to do that. (With
CREATE OR REPLACE, you are just modifying the existing function,
so its OID doesn't change.)

7.3 will prevent this sort of mistake...