SET PATH / DROP SCHEMA lock conflict

From: Christophe Pettus <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general list <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SET PATH / DROP SCHEMA lock conflict
Date: 2012-11-01 05:44:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there a potential lock conflict between SET PATH and DROP SCHEMA? I've observed (second-hand, so I haven't been able to check pg_locks) sessions piling up on a SET PATH while a DROP SCHEMA ... CASCADE is taking a long time to complete due to a large number of tables in the schema.

Best,
--
-- Christophe Pettus
xof(at)thebuild(dot)com