Re: ORM

From: marcelo <marcelo(dot)nicolet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ORM
Date: 2018-09-29 13:47:34
Lists: pgsql-general

On 28/09/2018 21:39 , Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 9/28/18 3:49 PM, marcelo wrote:
>> For a new big and convoluted project I (am/was) using Devart´s
>> LinqConnect as ORM.
>> But today I experienced some inexplicable "object reference not set
>> to an instance of an object" exceptions or other more specific to
>> this libraries.
>> I would wish to change the ORM.
>> Some experiences would be appreciated. Of course, I prefer open
>> source software, at least to chase errors thru debugging.
>
> Information that might help folks steer you to alternatives:
>
> 1) What programming language(s) are you using?
/C#, from 4.5 framework./

> 2) The OS'es involved
/Linux for the database server, Windows for client machines.//
/
> //
> 3) Are you using any frameworks between the database and the end user?
/Yes, a very big one, developed by me (or using open source libraries at
some spots), which tries to implement MVP pattern. It´s near completely
agnostic regarding the DAL layer, but I cannot deny that it may be
somewhat influenced by the Devart´s model.//
/
> //
> 4) Is an ORM even necessary?
/Yes; there are around 50 entities and with lots of foreign keys. It´s
well worth to have pre-plumbed the code to get "fathers" and "child
collections". Ah, and I´m working alone./

>> TIA
>>
>> ---
>> El software de antivirus Avast ha analizado este correo electrónico
>> en busca de virus.

---