Re: Postgres 12: backend crashes when creating non-deterministic collation

From: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres 12: backend crashes when creating non-deterministic collation
Date: 2019-10-05 11:39:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane schrieb am 04.10.2019 um 19:36:
> Hm. This trace says that the crash happened somewhere down inside ICU
> itself, during the ucol_open() call in get_collation_actual_version().
> There isn't much we could have done to mess up the arguments to that
> function. That would seem to mean that it's ICU's bug not ours.
> Maybe another reason not to be using such an old ICU version :-(.

I would like to test this with a newer ICU version.

So I managed to setup the build environment with Visual Studio, but I can't figure out how to enable ICU for the build.

I created a config.pl to specify the location of the downloaded ICU libraries with the following content

# Configuration arguments for vcbuild.
use strict;
use warnings;

our $config = {
icu => "d:\Projects\postgres\libs\icu\lib64\" # --with-icu=<path>
};

The build is successful, but when I run "install targetfolder" no ICU libraries are included and pg_config only shows:

CONFIGURE = --enable-thread-safety --with-ldap --without-zlib

I have no idea what I am missing.

I also tried building with Msys2 but even when I run configure with the --with-icu option, no ICU DLLs are copied

Regards
Thomas