Re: Bad Value for Data Type Timestamp

From: "Jonathan Vallar" <jonathan(dot)vallar(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Oliver Jowett" <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bad Value for Data Type Timestamp
Date: 2006-03-01 06:54:15
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hmmm.. I do not know how to display the actual value because the java
program is an IBM product (IBM Websphere WBI). I created a java program that
connects to the same postgres database and access the same table and parse
the field with the timestamp data type. From my program, I have no problem
with the field. I used the java.sql package of java together with the JDBC
driver. Attached is the program I made. Am not sure on how to replicate the
said problem encountered on the IBM product (which is listed below)

Since the problem occurred here "
org.postgresql.jdbc2.TimestampUtils.loadCalendar(TimestampUtils.java:151)",
I assume that the problem happened while processing the timestamp field.

Retrieve Operation failed on the BusinessObject Bad value for type =
timestamp : [C(at)56c55d28 Exception: java.lang.NumberFormatException: =
Expected time to be colon-separated, got ' Stack Trace: =
java.lang.NumberFormatException: Expected time to be colon-separated, =
got ' at =
org.postgresql.jdbc2.TimestampUtils.loadCalendar(TimestampUtils.java:151)=
at =
org.postgresql.jdbc2.TimestampUtils.toTimestamp(TimestampUtils.java:307) =
at =
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.getTimestamp(AbstractJdbc2Res=
ultSet.java:419) at =
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.getTimestamp(AbstractJdbc2Res=
ultSet.java:2088) at =
com.crossworlds.connectors.JDBC.JDBCBOhandler.doContainerRetrieve(JDBCBOh=
andler.java:3697) at =
com.crossworlds.connectors.JDBC.JDBCBOhandler.doRecursiveRetrieve(JDBCBOh=
andler.java:3316) at =
com.crossworlds.connectors.JDBC.JDBCBOhandler.doRetrieve(JDBCBOhandler.ja=
va:3265) at =
com.crossworlds.connectors.JDBC.JDBCBOhandler.doVerbFor(JDBCBOhandler.jav=
a:1346) at =
com.crossworlds.cwconnectorapi.CWConnectorBOHandler.doVerbFor(CWConnector=
BOHandler.java:127) at =
CxCommon.BusinessObject.doVerbFor(BusinessObject.java:2128) at =
com.crossworlds.cwconnectorapi.CWConnectorBusObj.doVerbFor(CWConnectorBus=
Obj.java:126) at =
com.crossworlds.connectors.JDBC.JDBCConnectorAgent.pollForEvents(JDBCConn=
ectorAgent.java:1137) at =
AppSide_Connector.BusObjJavaInterface.poll(BusObjJavaInterface.java:355) =
at AppSide_Connector.AppCalls.poll(AppCalls.java:191) at =
AppSide_Connector.AgentBusinessObjectManager.poll(AgentBusinessObjectMana=
ger.java:719) at =
AppSide_Connector.AppPolling.poll(AppPolling.java:294) at =
AppSide_Connector.AppPolling.doPollingContinuousWait(AppPolling.java:556)=
at AppSide_Connector.AppPolling.run(AppPolling.java:121) at =
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:513) End of Stack Trace SQLException =
{2}]

Here is the sample data of the table:

wbi_db=>
wbi_db=> \d xworlds_events;
Table "public.xworlds_events"
Column | Type | Modifiers
----------------+-----------------------------+-----------
event_id | bigint | not null
connector_id | character varying(40) |
object_key | character varying(80) | not null
object_name | character varying(40) | not null
object_verb | character varying(40) | not null
event_priority | real | not null
event_time | timestamp without time zone |
event_status | integer |
event_comment | character varying |

Here is the table schema: