Re: Can I use LIKE to achieve the following result

From: Ricardo Fuentes <ricardojfr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Harry McCarney <HMcCarney(at)dialecticit(dot)com>
Cc: Yan Cheng Cheok <yccheok(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can I use LIKE to achieve the following result
Date: 2010-01-20 20:52:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi.
You can return a set of record of that table with a sentence including the
LIKE operator, i.e.

SELECT ID, Item FROM your_table WHERE item LIKE 'Car_';

and you would get this result:

ID | Item
=========
0 | Car1
1 | Car2
2 | Car3

Take a look of the documentation in the postgresql documentation for pattern
matching:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/functions-matching.html

greets.
Ricardo Ramirez