Re: archive items not in correct section order

From: Tim Clarke <tim(dot)clarke(at)minerva-analytics(dot)info>
To: PostgreSQL General List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: archive items not in correct section order
Date: 2018-08-28 15:11:05
Lists: pgsql-general

On 27/08/18 15:22, Tom Lane wrote:
> Tim Clarke <tim(dot)clarke(at)minerva-analytics(dot)info> writes:
>> Last night for the first time our pg_dump backup threw this error for
>> the first time. Repeated runs this morning consistently throw it too.
> That's not supposed to happen. Can you create a test case, by any chance?
> Presumably, it's triggered by some database schema change you made since
> the last successful dump.
>
> regards, tom lane

In answer to Adrian's question, we run:

pg_dump -U (user) -C (database)

then we pipe that out to gpg. pg_dump still throws the error without the
pipe.

I'm cutting down to find as brief a test case as possible at the moment;
current hot favourite is a materialised view that's a crosstab using the
functions from here https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/tablefunc.html

--
Tim Clarke