Corrupt catalog

From: "Nykolyn, Andrew" <andrew(dot)nykolyn(at)ngc(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Corrupt catalog
Date: 2005-09-16 18:17:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

In trying to determine why I had a corrupted piece of data (still
investigating that) I created a temporary table that contained the row
of data in question. In doing so, I must have done something to the
pg_catalog because I no longer was able to perform a dump without
getting the following error:

pg_dump: schema with OID 469554554 does not exist

I recycled the server. I cannot see the temporary table anywhere as
(expected) through psql or PG Admin. However, looking at the pg catalog
I found the above OID referenced in the tables in the attached
spreadsheet with the name of the temporary table that I created. My
database is functioning without problem. However, I cannot perform a
database dump. Please advise on how I can correct this problem. I am
working in a PosgteSQL 7.4.2 database on a Red Hat Linux 8.0 OS.

With Great Thanks,

Andy Nykolyn
Northrop Grumman
<<catalog_data.xls>>

Attachment Content-Type Size
catalog_data.xls application/vnd.ms-excel 23.0 KB