Psql command for rowcount

From: "Markova, Nina" <nmarkova(at)NRCan(dot)gc(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Psql command for rowcount
Date: 2008-09-11 19:19:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Is there a psql or other command that I can use to list tables and their
rows? All I found is this:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-09/msg00876.php

The describe (\d) command (or \td+ ) doesn't show them (I expected
tuples count to be there too) - I can only see name, type, owner.

Schema | Name | Type | Owner
--------+-------------------+-------+----------
public | a0factor | table | postgres -----> tuples count
public | a0factor2 | table | postgres
public | actionlog | table | postgres
public | deployment_access | table | postgres
public | fircoef | table | postgres
public | firfilt | table | postgres
public | instrument | table | postgres
public | netmap | table | postgres
public | ops_initials | table | postgres
public | opslog | table | postgres
public | opslog2actionlog | table | postgres
public | participation | table | postgres
public | pazdesc | table | postgres
public | pazvals | table | postgres
public | snetsta | table | postgres
(15 rows)