Re: add new acronym "AM"

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: alaa(dot)attya91(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: add new acronym "AM"
Date: 2023-11-13 11:00:20
Lists: pgsql-docs

> On 12 Nov 2023, at 00:08, PG Doc comments form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/acronyms.html
>
> while reading the progres codebase, i could find you're using the acronym
> "AM" which denotes "Access Method". it's be nice to add it to the list of
> acronyms

That's a fair point. It's sort of hard to refer back from the acronym list
though since we don't have a single Access Method section but instead one for
Indexes and one for Relations. In the attached diff I propose that we add a
glossary entry for Access Method (suggested better wording much appreciated)
which the acronym can refer to. Being such a core concept it doesn't seem like
a bad idea to explain it.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

Attachment Content-Type Size
am_acronym.diff application/octet-stream 6.2 KB