pg_restore

From: Kasia Tuszynska <ktuszynska(at)esri(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_restore
Date: 2013-05-20 22:57:22
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Everybody,
Has anyone ran into issues running pg_restore?
It seems that between 8.3.8 and 9.0.5, 9.1.3 the behavior of pg_restore has changed.

Previously I was able to have several data owners with their own schemas and running a pg_restore as one superuser was able to restore the objects in those schemas without an issue.

At 9.0.5, I found that I had to restore each schema of a data owner separately.
At 9.1.3, I found that in addition to that I need to make each of those data owners superusers.

I am fully aware that the dev work for core replication was occurring at this time, but I have been unable to find any documentation about the potential changes to the basic pg_restore functionality.

Anyone else noticed or had issues with this?

Sincerely,
Kasia