8.4 process killed- what sort of recovery options do I have?

From: Wells Oliver <woliver(at)padres(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 8.4 process killed- what sort of recovery options do I have?
Date: 2010-11-18 17:42:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

For whatever reason- investigations still pending- the postgres process
froze up and I had to do a killall b/c pg_ctlcluster would not revive
the thing. Everything seems to be in working order, but I'd like to know
if there's any kind of consistency check I should run in light of
events. Also, what's the best way to track down the reason for the
crash? Just get into /var/log/postgresql and poke around?

Thanks.

--
Wells Oliver
Developer, Baseball Systems