Re: systemd service files vs. postgresql9x-setup

From: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
To: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)pgexperts(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: systemd service files vs. postgresql9x-setup
Date: 2015-09-17 12:49:17
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

--On 12. August 2015 16:54:41 -0700 Jeff Frost <jeff(at)pgexperts(dot)com> wrote:

>> Opinions?
>>
>> [1] <http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.unit.html>
>
> Unfortunately, I’m not that familiar with systemd yet and Devrim is out
> for a few weeks, so we might not get to this very quickly.

So i'd like to step in again into this patch.

We're working with a RHEL7 environment where those drop-in configurations
are heavily used to move PGDATA to different places and i'd like to
preserve that behavior.

Recap:

postgresql9[45]-setup happily overwrites any PGDATA setting derived from
drop-in configurations by examining the service file directly and ignoring
the previous retrieved setting from systemctl.

So this looks worth to fix for any setups, even when other ways to setup
PGDATA are used.

--
Thanks

Bernd