Re: Licensing of .DLL files

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Josh Rovero" <rovero(at)sonalysts(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Licensing of .DLL files
Date: 2006-03-20 20:21:42
Lists: pgsql-general

> None of these licenses prohibit distribution, AFAIK.
>
> You may have to offer source, etc. We normally just bundle
> all source tar files for similar components that we
> distribute with our code.

If you do that, there's definitl no problem. We wouldn't bundle anything
that doesn't uphold *that* requirement.

The GPL is the "worst case", because it may have effects on your
software. PostGIS is the only GPL part of pginstaller. If you're
worried, don't distribute it. Or talk to the PostGIS people about it :-)

//Magnus