Updating selected record

From: "Levente Lajko" <levente(dot)lajko(at)topline(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Updating selected record
Date: 2005-02-08 14:05:46
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I have problem with a table from where I select specific field data

SELECT filed1, field2 FROM tbl WHERE progress = 1 LIMIT 1

through a perl script or multiple instances of that script. The script
sets the progress value of the progressed record to 0, so that other
processes not to access that row. I presume I would need some locking
solution, only I haven't found the real one.

I hope somebody has a bright idea.

Regards,

Levi