Settings for writing!

From: "jose fuenmayor" <jafn82(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Settings for writing!
Date: 2006-11-20 13:21:20
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all, which paramaters can I modify in order to improve performance in
wirting tasks (updates,inserts,copy), I have a database where there is a lot
of writing, i have increase the shared_buffers but it seems to improve just
the reading which are really fast (I have a table with like
87 000 000 rows, the problem goes when writing)

I am using Mandiva linux 2006 x86_64 kernel 2.6.17
Postgresql 8.0.8
in a ML350G4
I really apreciate the help!
Thanks in advance!