Re: Implementing pgaudit extension on Microsoft Windows

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Niels Jespersen <NJN(at)dst(dot)dk>
Cc: "'pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Implementing pgaudit extension on Microsoft Windows
Date: 2019-02-11 14:43:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Niels Jespersen <NJN(at)dst(dot)dk> writes:
> Copied pgaudit.dll to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11\lib
> Copied pgaudit.control and pgaudit--1.3.sql to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11\share\extension
> Set shared_preload_libraries = 'pgaudit'
> Restart PostgreSQL
> Run "CREATE EXTENSION pgaudit;"
> alter system set pgaudit.log = 'all';
> select pg_reload_conf();

> Nothing enters the log-file from pgaudit. Creating tables (relations, sorry). Selecting from tables, nothing in the log.

Hm, what you describe above looks right.

> I can see that alter system set pgaudit.logx = 'all'; complains about "unrecognized configuration parameter", so something is known about pgaudit.

No, that means the postmaster *doesn't* have pgaudit loaded.

The fact that CREATE EXTENSION worked implies that you've got the library
correctly built, so I think this must boil down to the
"shared_preload_libraries" setting not having taken. You could
cross-check that by seeing what "SHOW shared_preload_libraries"
prints.

I wonder if you forgot to remove the comment marker (#) on the
shared_preload_libraries line?