Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network

From: Rui DeSousa <rui(dot)desousa(at)icloud(dot)com>
To: Mark Kirkwood <mark(dot)kirkwood(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>
Cc: Dianne Skoll <dfs(at)roaringpenguin(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network
Date: 2018-03-01 05:18:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

I can tell you this; it’s not ZFS or it’s quotas. I know that Postgres has no problems with ZFS and quotas; I have seen Postgres development environments run out of quota space on ZFS and Postgres never got corrupted — it would just crash and end up in a crash/restore loop. Just increase the quota and Postgres recovers without issue exiting the crash/restore loop, cleanup the rouge space usage, and reduce the quota back down. It makes recovering from out of space issues very quick.