Re: Postgres 10 Beta1 - pg_upgrade fails on Windows 10

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres 10 Beta1 - pg_upgrade fails on Windows 10
Date: 2017-05-26 22:34:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net> writes:
> Interesting enough, the same error message appears when I run "create extension xml2;" on Postgres 10.

Sure, that no doubt is exactly the command getting issued during the
pg_upgrade attempt.

> It somehow looks as if there is a DLL dependency between XML2 and whatever uses pgxml.dll (the new xmltable perhaps?)

pgxml.dll *is* the dll name for contrib/xml2.

I'm suspicious that what you're seeing is some sort of binary-level
incompatibility between BigSQL's build of contrib/xml2 and whatever
version of libxml2 you have installed. Hard to guess more than that.

If you're not actually using contrib/xml2 in the 9.6 installation,
probably dropping that extension would let you do the upgrade.