Log statement length limit

From: Brian Herlihy <btherl(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Log statement length limit
Date: 2007-12-10 01:43:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

How do I get postgres to log only the first n characters of a command?

Actually, ideal would be if it would log the structure of the command but cut short any long data values. Such as

UPDATE table SET value = 'something really long which is cut ...' WHERE pkey = 'foo'

The idea being that I don't care too much what value is, but I need to know foo.

Thanks!
Brian