Re: PG vs macOS Mojave

From: Jakob Egger <jakob(at)eggerapps(dot)at>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PG vs macOS Mojave
Date: 2018-10-17 15:15:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Am 17.10.2018 um 16:28 schrieb Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>:
> It's also very odd,
> if the compiler will search the sysroot automatically, why that seemingly
> works for tcl.h but not perl.h. plperl definitely still fails if you
> lobotomize the PG_SYSROOT logic.

Because pl/tcl ends up using -iwithsysroot to specify the header search path and pl/perl uses -I

See also: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/153558865647.1483.573481613491501077%40wrigleys.postgresql.org

I would assume that clang sets -isysroot automatically, but I have no idea why that didn't work for you previously.

Jakob