Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Allow multiple tables to be specified in one VACUUM or ANALYZE c

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Allow multiple tables to be specified in one VACUUM or ANALYZE c
Date: 2017-10-05 14:52:27
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Tom, it seems to me that in the portions you have editorialized, you
> have forgotten to update two comments still mentioning get_rel_oids()
> in vacuum.c and analyze.c. Those should now refer to
> expand_vacuum_rel() instead. Please see the attached.

Oh, good point. I don't think that just s/get_rel_oids/expand_vacuum_rel/
will do though, as it leaves out the interaction with get_all_vacuum_rels.
I decided that the point was of merely historical interest anyway, and
just removed the reference to the other routine.

The partitioned-table patches seem to have been a bit sloppy with
maintaining these comments too, so I ended up doing more than that...