Re: Reboot standby

From: Andreas Kretschmer <andreas(at)a-kretschmer(dot)de>
To: pgsql-novice(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Reboot standby
Date: 2018-02-26 19:50:44
Lists: pgsql-novice

On 26.02.2018 19:07, Thomas W. Ekberg wrote:
> We use streaming replication and from what I can see, that is
> initiated by the standby server. What are the shutdown and restart
> considerations for our standby server?
your master has to keep enough wals that the standby can retrieve them
and catch up to the master. there are several solutions to achive that.
you can define wal_keep_segments or you can use replication slots. other
solutions: using archive_command to store the wals outside from the
master. you can also use barman as a wal-hub.

Regards, Andreas