Re: BUG #17995: Segmentation fault caused by UPDATE statement

From: Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, zuming(dot)jiang(at)inf(dot)ethz(dot)ch
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #17995: Segmentation fault caused by UPDATE statement
Date: 2023-06-25 03:00:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello,

24.06.2023 22:51, Tom Lane wrote:
> Hmm, I don't think this is about the UPDATE per se, it's about
> not having a stack depth check in TParserGet() :-(

BTW, there is a commitfest entry to eliminate a bunch of other stack
overflow hazards (may be the fuzzer can find some of them too):
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/43/4239/

(It looks like this issue was not discovered there because TParserGet()
doesn't call itself directly.)

Best regards,
Alexander