Re: upgrading postgresql84 package from rhel-x86_64-server-5 repo

From: John Reeve <jreeve(at)pelagodesign(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: upgrading postgresql84 package from rhel-x86_64-server-5 repo
Date: 2013-04-04 19:12:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

Tom,

That is correct. I was hoping for the official RHEL packages. I think I'll instead put our efforts towards upgrading to 9.2 and using the yum.postgresql.org repo to do so. I was hoping for some interim patches before we upgrade, but that is not going to happen. Time to just do the upgrade!

Thank you for the help in figuring this one out.

Regards,
John