Re: Download States and Capitals Database

From: Johan De Meersman <vegivamp(at)tuxera(dot)be>
To: Adarsh Sharma <adarsh(dot)sharma(at)orkash(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, mysql <mysql(at)lists(dot)mysql(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Download States and Capitals Database
Date: 2011-09-28 05:43:10
Lists: pgsql-general

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Adarsh Sharma" <adarsh(dot)sharma(at)orkash(dot)com>
>
> This Link gives the capitals of all countries but I need the states
> and their capitals in all these countries too..
> But I think this is not possible because very few countries are
> divided into states and some into cantons, county etc.

Yep. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the USA, although I can't exactly claim accurate geopolitical knowledge about the whole world :)

Here in Belgium, we have a bunch of provinces. France has departements. It varies a lot. I suppose you could build a hierarchy of geographical subdivisions, but you'd still have to save the appropriate naming schemes per-country.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn