Re: How to solve my slow disk i/o throughput during index scan

From: Andrei Lepikhov <lepihov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: FREYBURGER Simon "(SNCF" VOYAGEURS / DIRECTION GENERALE TGV / DM RMP YIELD "MANAGEMENT)" <simon(dot)freyburger(at)sncf(dot)fr>, "pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
Subject: Re: How to solve my slow disk i/o throughput during index scan
Date: 2024-07-11 15:34:54
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 11/7/2024 21:59, FREYBURGER Simon (SNCF VOYAGEURS / DIRECTION
GENERALE TGV / DM RMP YIELD MANAGEMENT) wrote:

> Hello, and thank you again for your example !
>
> Sorry for my late answer, I was working on a patch for our requests. I
> am though not completely understanding what is happening. Here is a plan
> of a query where I splitted the calls with OR as you suggested, what
> seemed to have enabled parallel scans.
Thanks for the feedback!
Generally, I don't understand why you needed to transform ANY -> OR at
all to get BitmapScan. Can you just disable IndexScan and possibly
SeqScan to see is it a hard transformation limit or mistake in cost
estimation?

--
regards, Andrei Lepikhov