Re: msvc directory missing in PostgreSQL 17.0

From: 黄铎彦 <222200428(at)fzu(dot)edu(dot)cn>
To: "Bill Smith" <bill(dot)smith(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "Mark Hill" <Mark(dot)Hill(at)sas(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: msvc directory missing in PostgreSQL 17.0
Date: 2024-10-27 08:16:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I could hardly find detailed and complete tutorials on building the latest version with Visual Studio. I did use meson to generate sln and vcxproj files in Command Prompt (attatchment: 00meson_cmd_to_gen_sln.txt). But after opening the sln and run menu command "build -> build solution", it failed. The contents of the Output Window in Visual Studio are in the attatchment 01build_log.txt.