Re: streaming replication not working

From: Ray Stell <stellr(at)vt(dot)edu>
To: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: streaming replication not working
Date: 2013-09-24 02:30:47
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sep 23, 2013, at 4:47 PM, John DeSoi wrote:

> You mean on the primary, right?

right

> Yes, I have one there. But even if I did not, I would expect to see a connection error in the log on the standby. No error or any indication the streaming replication process is running on the standby.

you're right, I was firing from the hip. sure enough, it does toss an error:
2013-09-23 18:00:01 EDT,0,authentication FATAL: 28000: no pg_hba.conf entry for replication connection from host "xxx", user "repuser", SSL off

I'd guess a firewall issue? What happens with "telnet primary_host port" maybe use tcpdump to see what's happening with the traffic?