Re: Reconfiguring active PostgreSQL instance

From: "Edward J(dot) Sabol" <edwardjsabol(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Reno, Natalie" <Natalie(dot)Reno(at)cchmc(dot)org>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Reconfiguring active PostgreSQL instance
Date: 2021-12-21 21:05:34
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Dec 21, 2021, at 10:15 AM, Reno, Natalie <Natalie(dot)Reno(at)cchmc(dot)org> wrote:
> Should I copy the control file over from the contrib directory?

I install from source, too. For the extensions that I install, I go into the extensions directory and type "make", followed by "make test", followed by "make install". "make install" will install the extension where it needs to go, assuming your environment is configured properly (check the output of "pg_config" first). After you've successfully "make install", "create extension" in psql should work.

Hope this helps,
Ed