Re: text search configuration missing while migration from 8.3 to 9.4

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Julie Nishimura <juliezain(at)hotmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: text search configuration missing while migration from 8.3 to 9.4
Date: 2019-04-17 00:28:26
Lists: pgsql-general

On 4/16/19 4:22 PM, Julie Nishimura wrote:
> Adrian, Hitwise is the name of our company. Unfortunately, it does not
> help to find how I can migrate missing search config or install whatever
> is on 8.3. I did not restore the entire database (due to its large
> size), I've dumped and restored just about 200 hundred tables they
> needed on staging. Perhaps, some functions need to be migrated as well,
> just do not know where to look...

To add to my previous post, you might try Tom's suggestion of just
dumping the schema from the 8.3 database and restoring that to a 9.4
database(FYI 9.4 will be the next version to go EOL, so it might be
prudent to upgrade to a more recent version). Then you could load data
into the staging tables and see what happens.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com