Re:

From: Rui DeSousa <rui(at)crazybean(dot)net>
To: Shreeyansh Dba <shreeyansh2014(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pierre Ochsenbein <pierreochsenbein(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re:
Date: 2018-11-03 16:45:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

For an HA setup I would highly recommend using streaming replication with synchronous commits. There is no reason to risk losing a single committed transaction in a HA setup. As far as managing the system which I believe your question is more about; that is going to depend on your environment and there are numerous cluster solutions out there; personally I use a CARP based solution.

For DR it’s more customary to use asynchronous replication due to the high latency in most DR setups thus there is a risk of losing committed transactions.