Fail to install psqlodbc due to libpq version incorrect

From: "Joe CT NG" <jctng(at)sfc(dot)hk>
To: "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fail to install psqlodbc due to libpq version incorrect
Date: 2017-06-29 16:07:50
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I failed to install psqlodbc on AIX 7.1 (64-bit) since it requires libpq > 9.2 version.
I checked there is libpq in my AIX but I have no idea what the version is and how to upgrade it.

Indeed I need the odbc driver to connect from Oracle -> Oracle Gateway -> unixODBC -> PostgreSQL.
However the driver in unixODBC is too old and so I would like to try psqlodbc.

Hope you can help.

Many thanks,
Joe

This message and any attachment are confidential and it may be a criminal offence for you to disclose or use them without authority. Please follow the link for further information:
http://www.sfc.hk/web/EN/emailnote.html

"Consider the environment - think before printing!"