Re: Goodies tracker for FOSDEM

From: Ray O'Donnell <ray(at)rodonnell(dot)ie>
To: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>
Cc: pgeu-general <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Goodies tracker for FOSDEM
Date: 2019-02-08 09:45:06
Lists: pgeu-general

On 08/02/2019 00:41, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> To follow up on this: we (Magnus and I) did look into the port before
> FOSDEM, and installed it on a system.
> Turns out that the configuration is all JSON, even the type and amount
> of items. Whoever wants to add or change the item list, needs to edit
> the JSON directly in the server.
> Registration code is included, but nowhere used - accounts, and hashed
> passwords, need to be created manually.
> On top of that, the actual output (the shiny graphs) is not included,
> and seems to be part of the FOSDEM website.
>
> At this point we decided to stop the experiment.
>
> Sorry for the work you spent on porting it, Raymond. It's just not
> usable at this point.

Hi Andreas,

That's no problem. When I was working through the code at the time, I
felt that it was pretty incomplete - there was a lot of stuff that
seemed to happen by magic! The registration stuff was indeed a case in
point which I remember.

Anyway, I was glad to be able to help, even if it went nowhere in the
end. Please feel free to call on me in the future.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell // Galway // Ireland
ray(at)rodonnell(dot)ie