NG Update

From: Kevin Wooten <kdubb(at)me(dot)com>
To: List JDBC <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: NG Update
Date: 2013-10-08 07:16:17
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

A little time has passed so I thought I’d send a little update...

My alternate driver, known as pgjdbc-ng, has had some movement forward. Its gotten a little more formal… has a small website, releases are being pushed to Maven Central and I’m currently discussing with a couple other folks about helping out.

The code itself has seen some nice improvements like query and network timeout support, more conformance with the current driver and support for some of the 9.3 server features.

One big feature coming in the next release is “Custom Type Class Generation”. Instead of implementing classes for your custom SQL data types the Driver can generate code that implements SQLInput and SQLOutput for you. This is nice as it allows you to keep your type definitions all inside PostgreSQL and just run the driver to generate supporting classes as needed.

Next I’ll be working SSL connection support, adding updatability to the ResultSet and implementing CallableStatement. Planning on having a native Datasource implementation in the near future as well.

If anybody can help out in any way I’d love to have your support. Coding, testing, documenting, etc. would all be a welcome help.

New Website:
http://impossibl.github.io/pgjdbc-ng/

Kevin