Re: psql: FATAL: the database system is starting up

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Tom K <tomkcpr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psql: FATAL: the database system is starting up
Date: 2019-06-02 20:47:57
Lists: pgsql-general

On 6/2/19 11:14 AM, Tom K wrote:

> Nope. wal_level was set to replica, not logical.  Unless you mean
>

> What was the role of this cluster in the original setup?
>

> The cluster was the backend database for a number of applications.  The
> aim was to point applications to a single large cluster instead of a
> number of small instances of postgres running all over the LAB.
>
> If I can get through the above error and get to the DB's and tables, I
> could just dump them out and reinit the entire DB from the backup.

The only thing I could find is the below:

http://www.jebriggs.com/blog/2018/05/postgresql-and-panic-replication-checkpoint-has-wrong-magic-error/

If that does not work I would suggest sending a new post(new subject) to
the mailing list based on:

replication checkpoint has wrong magic 0 instead of 307747550

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com